The Ordinary Chicken Soup Recipe
It’s Ramadlan now, so I’d like to share a recipe. My favourite one 🙂 .
One whole chicken
1 gallon water (enough to cover chicken)
1 onion cut in quarters
3 garlic cloves
1 inch of ginger root shredded
2 teaspoons salt
1 pound new potatoes
4 large carrots cut in one inch slices
2 stalks celery cut in one inch slices
1 can baby corn
1. Combine chicken, water, onion, garlic, ginger, and salt in a large stock pot and bring to a boil. Crockpot can be used but times are longer)
2. Simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour skimming off oil and fat as needed.
3. Test chicken with a fork to determine when it is tender and fully cooked.
3. Remove the chicken and shred it, removing bones, fat, skin, and gristle.
4. Strain chicken broth.
5. Add vegetables and chicken to chicken broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are done. Serve hot.